IT’S TIME TO MAKE MORE MONEY.
If you want to join the financial One Percent then you should get used to mentally doing the following:
- Make a decision to improve your financial life. Say it out loud. Write it down.
- Tell the truth to yourself about your financial situation. You won’t get a hold on it until you do this.
- Work for it. You’re not going to get different results if you don’t start taking different actions.
- Create a community. Connect with others who are on the path to financial freedom. Meet up regularly, talk about money honestly, and share your successes & ideas. (This was the basis of the Chamber of Commerce.)
- Respect & appreciate the money you already have. Say daily, “I am grateful for the money I have now, and the money I will have in the future.” Money runs towards those who appreciate it. When you see a nice car, think “Good for that guy/girl. They got theirs.” (Instead of “Rich bastards, probably cheated or got it on credit“) Money runs away from judgmental people.
- Wealth building mantra: “I expand in abundance, success, and love every day, and I inspire those around me to do the same.”
- Spend less
- Save more (see “5 Reasons Your Friends are Richer Than You”)
- Invest wisely — use LendingClub to get a bank-beating return and only invest in securities in industries you understand very intimately — and don’t invest any money you wouldn’t be OK never seeing again.
- Give generously — not just your money, but more importantly, your time or energy. Giving brings wealth. “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” -Kahlil Gibran
Think big. Act small. And never, ever give up.
“There are costs and risks to a program of action. But they are far less than the long-term risks and costs of comfortable inaction.” – John F Kennedy
To finish off this post, here is a selection of financial affirmations to add to your daily practice.
I have consistently used these affirmations myself.
I am highly optimistic about my financial future.
I experience no insecurity or fear around money.
I am confident in my ability to attract wealth & make money.
I love money and appreciate what it does for me, and allows me to do in the world.
I realize that the laws of this world do not apply to me. . . this is MY DREAM.
I am good at saving money and making money.
I will be paid what I am worth.
I hang out with wealthy people.
I intentionally get myself into situations just beyond my edge, and then systematically crush the challenges.
I work damn hard, but I also know when to delegate and hire out for greatest impact.
I am resilient, persistent, and learn from all my failures.
I have a healthy attitude towards risk.
I am relaxed when it comes to change.
I am unstoppable.
I deserve it.
I don’t have to wait anymore. I can have it all, NOW.
Repeat these to yourself daily and you will be well on your way to joining the One Percent.