As men I think it’s important that we get used to owning our victories (and defeats.)
If we can do this in public, that’s even better — even the semi-anonymous “public” of the Internet. It helps us be more honest with ourselves and others, and therefore trustable.
I submit to you what I have done in the past 24 months that has scared me, expanded me, pushed me out of my comfort zone, hoping to inspire others in the manosphere to follow suit.
NOTE: This site is not about me, so when I post a list like this I want to be sure you understand it is for inspiration purposes. I hope people see it and feel good about what they’ve accomplished, or inspired to do better in the next 24 months. I hope other manosphere writers follow suit with their own lists.
(But let’s try to keep the exaggeration to a minimum gents. We can leave the ego puffery for men with lower self-esteem.)
Here is what I’ve done since January 1st, 2012 that I’m proud of:
- Ended an 8-year relationship
- Broke up with my girlfriend of 2.2 years
- Left the place I’d been living for 7 years
- Quit my job of 5 years
- Sold 75% of my stuff (my remaining possessions fit into 1 backpack, 2 garment bags and 2 boxes)
- Moved to a new city 500 miles away
- Launched two digital products currently bringing in about $100 / month
- Asked a cute girl if she’d sleep with me (she turned me down)
- Landed a new job in the new city in 1 week (how-to method on that coming later this week)
What am I NOT proud of over the last 24 months? Here’s that list:
- Reignited an old flame — hurt someone else deeply over this — feel hard into the relationship and lost myself
- Went back to another ex — dragged it on longer than I should have
- Didn’t travel or take adventures
- Took on a client without a solid contract and lost money
- Got sick
It’s been a big two years. I wonder what I will accomplish in the next two years?
I would like to:
- Go from making $0 per year to making $100,000+ a year (never done this before)
- Grow this blog readership to 10,000 followers
- Own a Tesla Model S but only pay $250 / month for it
- Spend 4 days of every month in nature or wilderness
- Become comfortable tango dancing at any moment
- Become comfortable bursting into song at any moment
- Start using AirBnB to live free or significantly reduce living expenses
- Start coaching people
- Start giving lectures or teaching classes
Your turn. Victories, defeats, and projections. Tally it up. No exaggerating. Just real stuff: go.